Sunday, April 11, 2010

Caught in Your Web of Words

I believed every word you said.
I believed you when you said
that you would comfort me when I was depressed,
that you would calm me down when I was angry,
that you would cheer me up when I was feeling doleful,
that you would help me when I needed help,
that you would protect me when I was in danger,
that you would heal me when I was wounded,
that you would wipe away my tears when I cried...

that you would never leave me alone...

that you would love me...

forever and always...

These words became my bible,
my book of faith.

But I stopped believing
when you stopped following your promises...

when you stopped being there for me...

when you stopped loving me...

And I'm in pain,
because I can't let go of your words,
even though you have let go of me...

No comments: