Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fire of Life

Sitting in Ms. Walsh's classroom, with nothing to do, I wrote this poem/ songs.
It is inspired by "Into The Night" by Santana.
This song was "gnawing" at me for a while, so with some free time, I decided to put my thoughts into words. =]

You can pull the devil
Right out of me
Or push me closer
To your worst fear
It all depends on you
And your behavior.

When darkness comes to light
All will end that night,
As we all show
Our true selves,
Leaving the facades of mask behind.

We shall dance
‘till the brink of light
Dance, dance, dance
‘till the end of time.
Step in as two,
Step out as one
But only one can live
In this dancing fire of life.

The little devil in all of us
Some are overwhelmed
Others are not,
But ask yourself,
Are you strong enough?
Then dance and
Help me
Pull the devil out into the night.

© Copyrights to Iftekher Mamun

No comments: