Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Goodbye in November?

It had only just begun
We were tending it and it was growing
"Ask and you will receive."
I asked and got rejected
This wasn't exactly what I expected
You told me that he was ready
I did what You said and I talked
Now I can't do anything but think and walk
What am I supposed to say to him?
That I acted out of compulsion and said yes on a whim?
Honestly, I couldn't have said no
This was what I always wanted
You promised.
You said.
I know You're not a liar.
But I can't think, my mind's on fire.
When will I get my break?
I'm thinking now and I'm not making any mistakes
Can You just soften his heart and change his mind?
It took me weeks to say this to him
And now it's no.
He's wasting his money and his time.
I feel so bad but I want him to stay.
He won't wait.
He won't wait.
My mind is cooling down with each dying ember.
But will I say goodbye in November?

No comments: