Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Never is the Coolest Word of All

Paradoxes, Contradictions, Rants, and Truths

Today I spoke with a student who was worried about being cool or uncool. I said:

It's o.k. to try and be cool as long as you're trying in a way that seems like you're not trying. Then, once you've gotten yourself to a cool level, you must be aware that you are cool. Finally, you must be aware that you are aware of being cool, else you're really secretly uncool.

The student then asked me if I think I'm cool and I said:

I know I'm cool but I also know that I know I'm cool, and that's the only thing that makes me cool.

The student then resolved not care any more about being cool. I told him that I thought that was the coolest. We sat in silence for a few moments and then he said "cool is a weird word." We then sat there, chanting, not in unison, "cool, cool, cooool, cool, cool, cool" over and over until we were hysterically laughing.

I'm never growing up. Ever. Never. Never. Never. never never never.

1 comment:

αlєх said...

LOVE IT so adorable :D

I imagined the scene perfectly, and it truly was something enjoyable.