Friday, September 26, 2008

Consuming Poison

I know how it is to be quiet,
To live your life as if it were a dream.
You can close your eyes
When you no longer want to watch.
I won’t believe the horror that I see.
Its more than the poison inside of me.
Lets tear away these faces we hide behind.
Because we are no longer in disguise.
They are catching on.
I won’t let go.
Neither would it let me free.
Chained up against my will.
But we can save ourselves.
I could feel the pain you felt.
And because I was weak,
I began to cry.
I know your misery.
But I could only watch and listen.
And together we can make it,
While the world is crashing down.
Protecting you from
A danger that I cant see.
Unaware of the dangerous chasm
That separated us.
You cant help but lose your balance.

And when you fall and
Pick yourself up again,
You notice that no one
Was there for you.
You lose faith in what you believe in.
No more god exists for you.
No one behind you to help you up.
No one to live for.
No reason to live for.

No comments: