Monday, September 22, 2008

Yesterday

Today was the day I told my mom I had boyfriends
Today was the day I told my dad that he is truly stupid
Today was the day I told my sister she speaks nothing but lies
Today was the day I told my cousin she is very hardheaded
Today was the day I had fun with my friends
Today was the day I felt loved
Today was the day I showed that I am smart
Today was the day I wasn't controlled by my mother's words
Today was the day I discovered my true love
Today was the day I showed emotion
Today was the day I made my voice heard
Today was the day I made love my emotion and state of mind
BUT Yesterday was the day I truly became myself

2 comments:

Ms. Walsh said...

Oh! So you truly became yourself first... and then you said everything you wanted to say. Got it! Nice play on words!

zero vision said...

i see it that you did everything as soon as you figured out who you really are. i get it. that is very unique. so your stating that you are not really yourself if your holding back and let others do everything to you. you should really be who you are and see if the accept it or not. thats what i think. but nice poem anyways