Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Turn Back Time

I wish I hadn't said that,
I wish I didn't yell.
I wish I had obeyed,
I wish I didn't cry.
I wish I had forgiven,
instead of holding a grudge.
I wish I had been sorry,
instead of just walking...
I wish I stopped them from fighting,
instead of watching from the sidelines.
I wish I respected,
instead of yelling like a dog.
I wish I could have stopped myself from saying,
those three words....
I wish I could speak to her again.
I wish I could be happy,
I wish I was healthy.
I wish I was smart,
and pretty too.
I wish I didn't give up,
and slack off.
I wish I had just changed my mind,
and done what was right.
I wish I had defended myself,
and earned the right to judge.
I wish I could turn back time,
So all that I've done wrong,
Was forgiven and forgotten,
not held inside my lungs.

The smoke has suffocated me, and took away my strength, and all I can do is lay here, dying of a painful death.

No comments: