Saturday, June 20, 2009

Speak

I want to stand tall, in front of the crowd, on a stage...
lick my lips just before I speak into the microphone.
Hear the echoes of slow, sad piano tunes.
So low and almost silent, but still heard.
I want to grab that microphone and begin to speak of how I feel about this world.
I want to show, that I too can shine.
I, too, can stand proud, instead of sitting and whispering to myself "I can't make it".
I want to change the way people think, even though it can be impossible.
Why should I feel so ugly when I can feel so beautiful and strong?
So I grab that microphone, I look upon the crowd.
I tell them the feelings deep inside of me, I tell them my story.
I tell them the truth.

"....I wish I was with her...because then my life would be perfect..."

Love has truly affected me...and always will.

No comments: