Saturday, January 10, 2009

that green sweater...

there it was again. that ugly green sweater of mine hanging ever-so-visible in my closet. it was an early Tuesday morning, and i was beat. i don't even think i was beat,- no you cant be described as beat if you just woke up- i was still asleep. at least that's what my body was telling me. so there i was, staring at the green sweater, that my boyfriend gave me for Christmas; yes my boyfriend. i swear if i didn't love him as much as i did, i would have broken up with him just for giving that to me, just like any other girl. what was he thinking anyways? giving your girlfriend of 4 years, a present that even a sensible grandma wouldn't give? i couldn't help thinking if it was a sign. a sign that our relationship was getting boring. the one where the girlfriend stops receiving flowers and chocolates just to get dirty colored sweaters you would never wear. i didn't want that; i didn't want to have a old couple relationship with him, after all, i am only 16.
the thought of him and me with white hair and wrinkles made me shiver even more than the wind in my PJ's. the windows weren't open, but it was winter after all. i forcibly grabbed what i was going to wear for school today and headed for the bathroom.

1 comment:

bianca jazz said...

genious how you can create somthing like this all on a green sweater alone. green is my favorite color by the way!