Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wake Up

Running out the door
trying to forget the reason why this all happened
Running far away to a place where I can't forget about you

Singing to myself as I climb up the stairs
To a stage of victory and failure
Will I survive this crazy situation?

Running again off that stage
wind blowing through my hair
rain falling on my shoulders

Pushing away the anger
Taking the rage
throwing it out there
into the rain
pulling on my hair
screaming
singing out loud
Looking up at the gray clouds
letting the rain wash it all away

Running out the door
rush hour, I'm heading home
I'm spinning round and round
choking on my little pride

Singing to myself on the porch
in the middle of that silent park
Listening to those birds chirp
crying all alone

Sun burning down on my head,
giving me a headache
letting the wind cool me down
walking down that brick road
and releasing that burden

and building a new life.





No comments: