Monday, May 25, 2009

You Never Lied

Hey I'm being honest at least
I can't get over it
Can't get over the fact that you chose her over me
When I was loving you from the start
You picked a girl who just played with your heart
I look at the old emails
I remember the old conversations
I remember exactly when I cried and you never knew
I remember when I lied and said I'm happy for you
I'm happy that you found the girl for you
Even though I knew there was one that secretly died for you
It made me insane, jealous
And it made me wonder if there was anything wrong with me
Because I am imperfect
That's why I say that I am imperfect
Because I thought you saw something in me that you didn't like
That made you choose to be with her
I am imperfect
And I'm proud of my flaws
Because if it weren't for them
I wouldn't be me
Every night I'd go to bed angry, frustrated, and alone
Wondering where I went wrong
What I did
But I found out later I never did anything wrong
It was you
I never expected you to cause so much pain
But you just wanted to see if I was jealous
And you know what? Your experiment worked
I was jealous, so damn jealous and I hated you and her for it
Because I thought that you picked her because she was everything I'm not
Who said love was perfect?
It's imperfect, flawed, and is blind
So when I said that I thought you lied
It was when you chose her over me
I thought you lied when you said you liked me
I really did because you made it seem that way
The way you held her hand
The way you looked at her
I would look away
I wanted to run away but I had to prove to her that I didn't care
I had to prove to myself that I didn't care
Every night seemed like it would rain
When it rains it pours
Because every night I went to sleep knowing I wasn't yours
But like I said it's nothing
Though I won't let it go for nothing