Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Butterfly Wings

I have been in a cage for years.
I am stuck in jail.
I have never done anything wrong.
I am innocent!
I die of boredom.
No one to talk to.
I am so alone.
All I need is a friend;
someone to make this all better.
No breathing space;
I suffocate every day.
No one understands my pain,
no one understands my loneliness.
If only...
if only I escape this terrible place,
if only I could be free,
if only I could spread my butterfly wings
and fly.
I could explore the wonders of the world.
I could show the world my beautiful colors and how unique I am.
I could finally be happy and content.
I could breath the fresh air and smell the sweet scent of the flowers.
I could be with my loved ones.
But for now,
I am stuck in this cage,
dreaming about the day I shall escape.....
and have my long-deserved freedom.

No comments: