Monday, May 11, 2009

Up Against the Wall

This memory is bittersweet and familiar
The way you held my hand and never let it go
The way I always turned my head and never let my smile show
I'd close my eyes and pretend time stopped
Because I never wanted the day to end
All of our fears are up against the wall
Just waiting for us to snap back into reality
It's just you and me
It was just you and me
Now as I walk in the park on a cold autumn day
The swing sets are now empty
There are no more lovers there anymore
Just ghosts
Ghosts that haunt me and torment me
I'm sorry
I never said that properly until now
But now those swings are no longer empty
And my hand is now in his
Now there are new memories to make
New steps to take
And life goes on
I wish you good luck in life
Well, so long and goodnight.

Inspired by Underoath's Reinventing Your Exit <3
-nitnatxp

No comments: