Friday, May 29, 2009

I Remember

I hear the rain,
rapidly falling to the ground.

Drip, drop.

Just like my tears,
which run down my cheek
and fall on my blue, soft carpet.
The sound of the rain soothes me.
It makes me feel better,
despite the fact that inside,
I am dying.

Drip, drop. Drip, drop.

I watch
as the raindrops roll down my window.
My crooked, uncleaned window,
whose frame is beige and whose paint is cracking.
I sit in my small, dirty room.
My desk has a bundle of papers and my laptop on it.
My bed is undone, with my red-pink cover piled up-
I just woke up from a 40-minute nap.
My closet is about to burst out
and spill a myriad of clothing.
My hair sits on my head
and longs to be brushed.
I wrap my itchy green blanket around myself.
Underneath, I am wearing my comfy, gray sweatpants
and my yellow t-shirt
that says"Slice of sunshine!"
If only my life was a slice of sunshine...
I am sitting in a criss-cross applesauce position on my brown chair,
with my back slightly curled.
When did everything change?
My life used to be a slice of sunshine.

Drip, drop. Drip, drop.

Now, I'm not even loved.
No one cares about me.
I am nothing but a figment of one's imagination.
I need to be salvaged from the pain of being abandoned.
I lost my identity.
I must have dropped somewhere a few weeks ago.
I am unrecognizable.
Now, I am locked up in this room,
wondering what I did to deserve this aggravation.
The rain keeps making noise.
It is speeding up.

Drip, drop, drip, drop, drip, drop.

I take a sip of my hot raspberry tea
and place it back on the coaster
on my small, round table,
standing by the window.
The tea tastes sweet and delicious-
just what I need.
I look around my room.
It can't breathe because of the mess.
I gaze at my piano.
I seemed to have stopped playing it
these past couple of weeks.
A layer of dust lays on my piano.
I drop my blanket on the messy bed.
I walk up to the grand instrument
and I cleaned it, swiftly, with a duster.
I take out a book filled with notes.
I turn to a page with a song,
titled: "Ballade Pour Adeline".
I start to play,
slowly because it has been a while.
But as I play each note,
I start to pick up the pace.
As I press each key with confidence,
the sounds come out with clarity
and together, they form the perfect melody.
I start to remember the song,
yet what strikes me odd is
why I stopped playing this song,
along with many others.
It was my favorite.
As I continue to play,
I forget why I was so sad.
All my worries vanish,
disappear into thin air.
I have been awakened from this nightmare.
I finish the song and I move on to the next.
Afterwards, the sun creeps out
and the raining heads towards a stop.

Drip, drop....drip.....drop.....

No comments: