Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Scarred Heart

Nothing more but a memory
A memory of something that I don't want to remember
But still a memory
Maybe it'll go away in time I once thought
But now I know it won't
It'll stay, it'll linger
It's like a scar on my skin
One of shame and regret
That no matter how hard you try and scratch it
It stays
Like a scar, it stays scarred on my heart and soul
Imprinted with permanent ink
A sad reminder
A painful reminder
That I couldn't have you
That I couldn't look at you anymore
I tried my best to ignore you
I tried my best to not talk to you
But you were always there
I wanted to stop this 'infatuation'
because all it did was cause me anger and frustration
No matter how many times I cried
It still stayed
Because it wasn't an infatuation
It was love.
A red thread had tied my fate to yours.
It can't be broken by any blade
If you wanted it to stop
If you wanted all of it to go away
Then tie your fate to another
I promise not to mind...I promise not to care at all
But I can't promise that I'll stop loving you.


No comments: