Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Butterflies in my Stomach

My typical day:
I have a group project due tomorrow,
a ton of chores, considering that my cumbersome baby sister makes a mess all over the house
and global homework that takes me forever to do.
Even through all my stress,
the mind-boggling times,
the muddle in my brain,
I feel perfectly fine.
Why? It's because I have been salvaged
by the very presence of you.
You efface all the dilemmas I am faced with.
I get so jubilant when you are around me,
when I talk to you,
and you happily respond back.
This perennial feeling diffuses through me.
It makes me like I am someone,
someone who is important.
I am extremely circumspect
to make sure nothing ever happens
to this feeling of mine,
to make sure that this feeling will never ever come across a breach
and disappear from the face of life.
I cannot live without you.
Without you, I am nothing.
I slowly, painfully die,
like an ugly flower,
wilting, awaiting its death.
But I absolutely cannot let this happen
and it will not.
I will be with you always
because it is you,
who brightens up my day,
who gives me butterflies in my stomach,
beautiful butterflies of joy and happiness
that give me the nerves,
the good type of nerves,
the nerves that ensure that I am someone......

No comments: