Friday, April 17, 2009

The Death of Lovely Roses

Unbelievable.
I am awe struck.
She is back.
Tell me please, what is she doing here?

This has angered me.
Why is she here?
You have taken her back?
Can't do it on your own you say?

I was here.
I did the things she did for you.
Did I do it in some way that you dislike?
Did what I do for you displease you?

Why?
She's evil.
I hate her.
Always will, and you can't change me.

Even if I was shot, she wouldn't care.
Never will.
She always admonishes me.
Such an opinionated woman.

A witch.

And now I sit in this room,
slowly growing old and sick.
surrounded by a garden of red roses.
They no longer bloom greatly as before.

Their petals fall, turning coarse.
No longer soft.

Such lovely roses fall,
die,
and lay there,
breathless.

Such a lugubrious sight.

And what a foolish choice you've made.

No comments: