Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Choice (something I wrote about a year or 2 years ago)

As the drugs slip into my veins
I can feel the heat take over me, as I cry...
The smoke comes out of my breath
and I drop the cigarette to the ground

How'd we get here I don't know,
but we're here suffering the cold
and fighting the peer pressure.

While I bleed from the wounds
the cuts and that bruise,
am I left to die here all alone
with the freezing snow...

So I,
I wanna change and choose
my own road to life.
Yeah I,
I'm gonna forget what
they say and drop my gun...

But not my pride...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's amazing. there's something about your poems that touch me and make me feel. this one is no different. i love how in such little words, you can make me see a whole vision in clear view. keep writing!