Monday, March 16, 2009

Chapter Three, part one

Chapter Three, Part one:

I was right when I said that Blaine would get me out of working on my birthday. I wished I did though, so I can tell Ian that I couldn't make it. I liked Ian, I really did. I just didn't want to fall in love. But maybe it was too late for that....
Ian picked me up on time and we walked to the Green Meadows Park. It was a warm summer day, and you can feel that autumn was coming soon. The cool wind blew down my neck and my hair flew all over the place. I was kinda embarrassed because I might've looked weird to Ian. Ian just smiled and moved my hair behind my ears. His hands were kinda cold, but I didn't seem to mind. We walked toward the swings and I ran to one and began to swing in a steady rhythm. Ian lagged behind me and laughed. He sat in a swing next to me.
"Aren't you a bit too old to be swinging? " Ian asked as he swung back and forth, matching my rhythm.
I just stared at him back and said, "It's my birthday and I'll do what I want. Besides, I'm not old." I stuck my tongue at him and he just laughed. I smiled as the wind blew against my cheek. I swung even higher than I have ever gone before; it felt as if I were flying. When I gotten to the highest point I opened my eyes and saw a familiar stone building. I realized that I have been here before. I got off the swing and began to walk toward the building I had seen. Ian called after me, "Adri! Where are you going?" He saw that I had no intention on turning back so he got off his swing and pursued me in a sprint. As I ran, the wind would go against my face blowing dust and leaves in my eyes. My eyes began to water; I couldn't see, but I still ran. Memories started flowing into my head and my heart was beating faster. My mind began to spin and I could begin seeing my dad again...standing and smiling. I fell. Darkness crept over me once again.

"It's been a long time, Adri baby." My dad looked at me and smiled. He came up to me and hugged me. This is impossible, I thought, but this was probably the best hallucination ever. He felt like air. I couldn't touch him. I couldn't feel his warmth against my skin because I knew he was dead. He was gone. He'll never come back. He's not going to some painting convention and coming back in two days. I'll never see him again. I began to cry. Baby, why are you crying? He asked with a look of worry. I looked up and my mind began spinning again. Dad was moving away from me, and moving farther. I tried running after him but I couldn't. He was disappearing. No!! I thought. I can't lose him again! I began to run again, but this time I didn't run fast enough. Dad wasn't there anymore and in his place was a note with a message. "I love you, Adri. I'm sorry I had to go so soon. Be a good girl, and know that everything will be okay." Love, Dad. I sat down and curled into a ball. This is only a dream, I told myself.... only a dream.




Ian kept on shaking me, "Are you okay, Adri? Wake up!"
I opened my eyes slowly. I immediately got up and looked around.

No comments: