Sunday, March 15, 2009

"My Autumn" Chapter Two, part three

Chapter Two, Part Three:

A week later, I finished the portrait of Ian. It was really awesome. The ways the charcoal strokes and the grays and blacks mixed in together made it Ian's face pop out.
Unfortunately, a week later was also my birthday. I was turning 18, and I needed to get a job soon otherwise I won't have anymore insurance since I was no longer a child. I searched the classified section in the newspaper but had no luck. School was starting soon, and I needed to buy school supplies, clothes, and money just to support myself.
I went to go to the bank to withdraw money that my mother had saved for my "College Fund", only to find that she had been using money for other purposes like drugs and alcohol. At least 4,000 dollars was thrown away on those dirty addictions. When I went to withdraw, I noticed that my mother hadn't even saved alot. There was only 2,840 dollars left. That was enough for me to get by for a couple of months. I was hoping that before I used that money up, I could get a job.
As I walked along the outlet stores, I saw a job opening working at a frozen yogurt/ bubble tea place. I can do math...well at least adding. I thought to myself. I smiled at the friendly atmosphere and anime characters painted on the inside of the store. I walked into the manager's office and found that it was owned by Blaine's uncle Heath.
"Hey, Adri. What brings you here?" Heath asked kindly. He was only 5 years older than Blaine, but he was still fun to be around. He had dark brown hair streaked with red and platinum blonde hi-lights. Heath was always the rocker and Blaine always tried to follow his lead when they were younger. He had the greenest eyes I've ever seen.
"I'm looking for a job, Heath. It's my birthday in two days and I'll need the cash to support myself." I stared at his desk. It was really messy. I smiled at him.
He nodded, "Oh okay, well look no further. I promise you that you can have a job. You can start tomorrow at the cash register or making the orders of the customers. Either or." He went to his file cabinet to get a working paper for me to sign. I stared at his desk once more and noticed a broken picture frame. The picture had him, Blaine and Heath's girlfriend Amy. This picture was taken 3 years ago because Heath was no longer with Amy. She died because of cancer, and he never dated again another girl again.

He got out the paper and smiled. "Welcome to hell...just kidding, Adri! I'll be a good boss, don't worry. Your first payday will be on September 23. See you tomorrow!" I laughed a little bit at his attempt to be funny, but just shook my head. When I turned to leave, I saw Blaine sipping a strawberry bubble tea at the counter. I went to go sit next to him and leaned on his shoulder.
"Your birthday's tomorrow" Blaine reminded me.
"Yesss, I know." I frowned at him and sat up.
"What do you want to do tomorrow then?" He asked and turned to me. He handed me his bubble tea and I stole a sip. It was cool and refreshing as it slid down my throat. The perfect drink to a hot summer day.
"Nothing, let's stay home." I said.
"No wayy. You're turning eighteen! We're doing something whether you like it or not." He grinned and noticed that I was about to finish his bubble tea so he snatched it back.
"Well, I'm working tomorrow so ha!" I smiled, knowing that Blaine won't buy that excuse. He can always get Heath to get me to not work tomorrow. Blaine smirked at me and rolled his eyes. He was conocting some plan inside his head.

I was walking home when I saw Ian sitting on the sidewalk. He saw me and greeted me with a warm hug. Ian kissed my cheek softly. He never did that before. I felt a weird tingling sensation happened in my stomach. That was weird.
"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked him innocently.
"Nothing, I wanted to call you but got too scared too. Haha, well uhh I wanted to ask you something." His voice was kinda shaky. Ian never acted like that.
"Uhh okay sure. Ask me." I wondered what he was going to ask. I got kinda nervous.
"Wanna go out tomorrow? ... for your birthday?" He asked me so fast it took me a while to understand what he said.
"Um, sure....if you wanted too." I was shocked. Did he just ask me out? Is he serious? I thought in my head.
"Sure, I'll pick you up tomorrow at 3:00." Ian grinned and his dimples showed. He looked so cute. I wanted to paint another painting of him.
I smiled at him and say goodbye. I was beginning to walk down when I turned on my ipod. Chasing Pavements was playing...it was my favorite song.

End of Chapter Two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz7vGW2_5c0


No comments: