Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"My Autumn" Chapter Two Part Two

Chapter Two, part two:


I led him to the living room where we sat down near the dusty coffee table. We were silent for a while or at least until his eye was caught by a colorful art piece hanging on the wall. Ian walked toward each painting and stared. He stopped at "Adrienne's Autumn" and took it down.

He sat down next to me and said, "This for some reason reminds me of you. The colors aren't really that happy but they're not sad and dark. It's nice." I just stared at the painting. I snatched it from his hands and put it back on the wall.

"It's just an old painting. It doesn't mean anything anymore." I ran up the stairs into my dad's art room...MY art room.

As I began to start painting, I noticed that Ian had followed me and sat beside me. I ignored him and kept on painting. The picture was dark and distorted. Even I couldn't tell what the brushstrokes were trying to make. I stopped and stared at Ian because I noticed him staring at me.

"Did I say something wrong?" He inched his way closer to me. I looked down at the floor.

"No, nothing..." He stared outside the window. The angle of his face was almost too perfect as he stared into the starless night.
"Stay there. Don't move a centimeter." I moved my easel and placed it across the direction he was sitting. He stared at me as if i were an alien martian trying to eat his brain.

"Umm okay?" He said with a laugh in the air.
"Don't even smile, Ian. One wrong movement and this whole portrait could be the end of you." I smiled...I actually smiled. I haven't smiled in a while. Not since my dad took me to the park 13 years ago. 13 long years ago...


1 comment:

αlєх said...

OMG please write more!