Saturday, March 7, 2009

"My Autumn" Chapter One, Part Two

Chapter One, Part Two:



Hey Dad! If I catch a ladybug and never let it go, what will happen? Can I keep it? I smiled at him with shimmering eyes. He laughed and said if you want too, but let it go after you're playing it. I frowned. Why do I have to let it go? He held my hand with the ladybug in it, and said you have to let go of things in life that aren't important anymore. When you're older you'll realize what you have to hold on too and what you can't hold onto in life, okay? I was confused at what he said, but I let go of the ladybug because he told me too.



I woke up. I haven't dreamt of my father in a long time, not since I was 8 years old and now I'm 17. I looked over at my alarm clock and it read 12:30. CRAP! I'M GONNA BE LATE! I ran out of bed and threw on an old pair of darkwash jeans and a dusty green shirt. I grabbed my wallet, and sketchpad and threw it in my bookbag and headed out the door. As I ran down to the train station I accidentally tripped and fell. I hit my head hard against the cement and saw some blood splattered across the pavement. I groaned in pain. I am sensitive to cuts and bruises for some strange reason. My eyes began to blur. I don't know if it were from tears or from the loss of blood and then total blackout.

I woke up in someone's living room. It wasn't Karla's or Blaine's house. I turned my head to the right, I saw a man sitting there sleeping lightly. I was scared and as I got up I had bumped into the coffee table making a noise that woke up the guy. Oh my god, I'm so stupid. I woke up a possible murderer!!! I thought in my head.

"Wait." The guy had said. He had a a smoky tone to his voice. It was nice.
I stopped where I stood and turned around.
He walked toward me and grabbed my shoulders.
"Are you okay? You were unconscious when I found you on the street."
I tried to remember what had happened and sighed in aggravation. I had forgotten to meet up with Karla and Blaine.
"Ugh, I'm fine. Do you have my phone?" I rudely asked.
He stepped back. "Yeah I do, it's right here." He handed it to me.

I grabbed it and dialed Karla's number. She wasn't picking up her phone.
I threw my phone in my bag and sat back down on the couch. I put my head in my hands but I immediately reversed my actions because it hurt the cut on my forehead. The guy sat next to me.
"My name's Ian Wells." I looked at him. He had a rugged sort of look. His eyes were a grayish blue with brown wavy hair. He had some stubble against his cheek and a strone jawline. I wanted to paint a portrait of him. He was beautiful.
"My name's Adrianne Emilton. Call me Adri." I said in reply. I was still staring at his eyes.
He grinned. "That's a nice name. I like it."
I laughed and nodded in agreement. Gosh, I'm stupid. He's so cute and I'm the idiot with a bandage on my head. I thought to myself and grinned. My phone rang. It was Blaine.

"Excuse me for a moment." I said to Ian. He nodded his head and opened a book to read. He was reading "Romeo And Juliet" by Shakespeare. He has good taste in books.
I picked up the phone and said, "Yeah?"
"Thank God! Where were you? We were calling you for like a long time." Blaine exclaimed.
"I'm fine, I'm...I don't know where. But I'll explain the situation to you tomorrow. I'll meet you at the mall tomorrow again, okay?" I said.
Blaine sighed. "As long as you're okay. We'll try again for tomorrow. See you then."
I hung up the phone and looked at the time. 10:45 PM
"Oh my gosh! I should be getting home." I said. I grabbed my things.
"Thank you for everything, Ian. I'll see you around." I ran out the door to run home.
"Wait!! Let me give you a ride." He walked to a black car, and motioned me to get in. I knew if I walked I would get home at 11:30 and plus I didn't know where I was so I reluctantly agreed.

It was a quiet ride for the majority part of it, but we had a decent conversation. I found out that Ian likes to play the guitar and goes to Fairfield High School just like me. I never saw him around before though. When I arrived home, I smiled and thanked him. We exchanged phone numbers to keep in touch and he waited until I was in my house until he drove away.
I smiled to myself as I shut the door. I saw the light in the kitchen on and saw my mom sitting there...waiting for me.


No comments: