Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Choice

What am I supposed to do?

I sit,

with the wind blowing in my face,

my hair floating in the air.

My heart aches,

my breaths are slow and uneven.

The waves of the ocean wash up on the shore,

touching my feet.

The water brings chills throughout my body.

My heart and my brain keep fighting:

my heart wants to go on and be a little crazy yet

my brain wants me to stop and not take risks,

thinking that it's the safe thing to do.

I see other people walking by,

all happy and joyful,

unlike me.

I want to follow my heart,

but I'm too afraid.

I hear the voices of the adults and the children:

laughter and shouts.

I feel all lonely and lost inside.

I need someone to come and be with me and make me feel good about myself- forever.

I see a seashell wash up on the shore.

I take it before the next wave can snatch it back to the sea.

I touch it and look at it,

admiring its beauty.

My heart and my brain can't come to a conclusion.

I guess it all comes down to me:

I have to make the choice,

the heart-breaking choice.......

No comments: