Saturday, March 7, 2009

"My Autumn" Chapter Two, Part One

Chapter Two, Part One:

I was brought to the police station the day mom killed herself. They didn't know what to do with me because I had no living relatives in the area where I lived, but since I was turning 18 in a couple of weeks I was allowed to live by myself. A policeman named Jack Wells came to me and explained that they would take out the body and the funeral would be in two days. I looked at him and he had the same eyes as Ian.
"Are you Ian's father?" I asked curtly.
He smirked, "Yes, how did you know?"
I couldn't return the smile, but replied, "You have the same eyes."
Jack smiled this time and said, "Well, I'm sorry for your loss. You're welcome anytime at our house if you need anything."
I nodded in agreement, and looked down at my shoes. "Thanks."

The next day I came back to the house where both of my parents had died. I haven't cried at all...I guess all the tears have gone out of me. I stayed near my window and stared at the sky...wondering if my parents were together. Just because my mom didn't believe in God, didn't mean that I had to follow her belief. Suicidals go to hell I thought... Oh Mom...I teared a little bit but didn't dwell on the thought. I wiped away my right eye and felt a bruise. I went back to my dad's art room. So many pictures of everything he had seen in his life. The doorbell rang. I ran down the stairs and noticed that the policemen had cleaned the blood stains from the steps. I opened the door, surprised to discover Ian.
"Uhh hi." He said shyly.
"Hey. Hmm what are you doing here?"
"I wanted to see if you were okay, is all. I thought I might keep you company for a while. My dad suggested it to me. Said he saw you at work and you said you knew me. "
"I don't need saving again, so it's okay. You don't have to hang out with me because you were told too. I'll be fine."
I was about to shut the door until he stopped it with his Converse.
"Wait! Adrianne...I want to stay. Let's hang out for a while."
I thought about it for a split second. Yes or no? I wondered. I didn't feel like arguing so I just decided to let him in.

No comments: