Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December

The snow falls on my head and melts into small feelings of compassion.
I walk to anywhere, I don't know where I am going, but I am still walking to wherever it is.
As I walk I watch the gray clouds above me and the snow falling.
My mind is full of memories.

The name passes my mind and at that moment my eyes open widely.
I stop walking.
I no longer look up, I begin to look down.
The tears have formed and fallen onto my boots.

I am standing in an empty, quiet place.
Full of snow, and loneliness.
The tears stop and my face feels tired.
I continue to walk, not looking up just yet.

After a few minutes of hearing the wind blow and watching my feet pound into the snow,
I look up again.
A light forms within the clouds.
My eyes squint.

The clouds move away from the light more and more.
And the snow continues to fall.
There it was.
What I was looking for.

I smile and continue to walk anywhere.
It shined upon my head.
Melting those little snow flakes,
Into small feelings of compassion.

Into Happiness and Love.

Merry Christmas To all those who have gotten me where I am today, To those who have stayed by me through good and bad, To those who have given me advice in order to help me better my future, To those who have made me laugh when I cried, To those who I know and don't know, To those I've lost...To everyone I've cried for. To everyone I love...

To the little snow flakes that have fallen upon my head and melted...into feelings of unstoppable happiness.

No comments: