Monday, December 15, 2008

worst crime is silence

Forgive me, for what I have done.
I didn’t know that I was hurting you.
I had no clue.
You never said anything
I’m here for you always.
And yet you said nothing.
You said nothing even as the
Pain you have now is mine.
I gave you the pain I have.
Now I feel bad.
But you never said anything.
Not even one word loose.
You were there for me always.
I want to be there for you too.
Just give me a chance to help.
Just as you cared for me
When I was down and out,
I shall do the same for you.
I know how it feels like.
I want no one to feel
Like how I felt, ever.
You knew this
And yet you never said anything.
You kept those lips sealed.
The serene peace and silence you kept.
Showing no signs of weakness
Or struggle whatsoever.
The strength you had to take it.
The weakness I contained.
I knew that you knew this already.
But you never said anything.
Now I sit here wondering, why?
And I realize you did it
All just to save me
From my impending doom.
You took it and placed it upon yourself.
The fate I deserved, you took.
You took it high on your shoulders.
But you never said anything.
And I don’t think you ever will.
I shall thank you for the rest of my life,
Trying to save you the best I could.
But I never come close to what
You have done for me.
The greatest thing anyone
has ever done for me.
And even though you don’t
want to say one word.
And have those lips sealed.
I will do the speaking for you.
Carrying your name on and
How you saved me.
From myself.

No comments: