Wednesday, December 3, 2008

hurt me so you wont have to hurt

Take out your life stresses on me
I will not fight back
Tell me about you life issues
I won’t bother you with mine
You can cry on my shoulder
I’ll just give you my next shoulder in return
Get angry at me about what happened to you yesterday
I’ll just act like it is my fault anyways
Insult me, hit me, Hate me too
If it means you’ll be happy I’ll even disappear
Pretend like I’m a stranger around the cool crowd
But when you remember you’re a loser like me Ill be waiting for you
Tell me to jump and I’ll ask how high
If I tell you jump you’ll tell me I must be crazy
Treat me like a dog and make me cry
I’ll pretend like everything all right
I pushed you out the way from all the pain
You pushed me in the way so the pain wouldn’t reach you
I gave you my last breath of life
You gave me the finger and used the last breath to laugh
hurt me so you wont have to hurt

3 comments:

Ms. Walsh said...

Powerful. This sounds like a song!

Kendra {The Wandering Soul} said...

this poem is so nice. i can't believe how true it is in my perspective of life

Anonymous said...

i like it. its sweet, yet at the same time unnerving. it can feel the character's pain and love at the same time. very touching. im glad i found it out of all posts.