Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Voice Screaming In My Head...

A voice screaming in my head…

says that I am confident.
I am strong.
I am-
better.

Who is that?

Where is she?

Why doesn’t she come out unless I’ve woken up early enough to take a shower in the morning and laid out my clothes because I’ve gone to bed early enough?

What does she look like?

Where is she hiding when I’m
drowning-
my sorrows in graham cracker cheesecake
with cherries on top
and locking-
myself away with nothing but
a paintbrush
some canvas
and the voice of the other me
whispering coarsly?

The smaller,
cowardly,
worst me possible...

1 comment:

αlєх said...

Wow...Just WOW. Its beautiful. You get that feeling of the emotions you put into this writing. It's almost like when someone acts like a totally different person instead of who they truly are? or when you're so happy and confident, that that confident person just doesnt come out when in trouble and out of words to defend. So many things can come out of these words. So beautiful.