Thursday, December 11, 2008

Secret?

I kept you safe for as long
As I possibly could.
It seemed to leak loose.
I kept it to protect you.
To save you. I was your
Friend, your hero.
You lost faith and beat me.
I didn’t want to hurt you,
And I will never will.
So I turned to give you
What you wanted.
A chance for revenge,
A chance to relieve your
Anger, hate you have all
Towards me and I will
Accept it from your
Burdened shoulders.
I tried hard to save you. But it
Seems like you didn’t care.
I was there still help
You in your time of need.
This secret I keep, was not
Meant to be heard.
I kept it as best as I could.
It seems like when I had
My back turned for one second,
It escaped and you found it.
It destroyed me completely.
Because of that day and second,
I will never forgive myself.
I caused all the problems.
The problems you have is
Mine as well.
No sense in avoiding it because
You will have to face it eventually.
This secret I kept will
Be kept from others and
For their safety as well.
I fear the worst of myself.
I don’t understand yet what
My consequences seem to be.
But this pain I carry is
My burden for life.
My burden alone and no one
Else will help or intervene.
My burden for life and
This secret brings it as well.
Both intertwining into my soul,
I will never forget it.
It is inscribed into my skin
And mind for as long
as I can remember

No comments: